This quiz was composed by Henry G. Bosch, originator and 25-year editor of the devotional guide, “Our Daily Bread.” This quiz ran in the Grand Rapids Press in December of 1994 and has been edited for our use. This material makes for an excellent Sunday School lesson on Christmas Sunday morning to enlighten visitors and remind the regulars of the details of the birth of Christ.
- Jesus was born about how many months after John the Baptist? ___________
- Jesus’ grandfather’s name was _________________________
- The Gospel of Mark does not speak of Jesus’ birth, but it does tell of his boyhood. True ( ) or False ( )
4. The Bible tells us there were three wise men or magi who came to visit Jesus. True ( ) or False ( )
5. The star which the wise men had seen in the East reappeared long enough to direct them to the stable where Christ was born. True ( ) or False ( )
6. The wise men did not have to guess which town Jesus was born in as Herod was able to send them directly to Bethlehem. True ( ) or False ( )
7. When the wise men came, they saw Jesus and Mary, but the Bible does not mention Joseph being present. True ( ) or False ( )
8. How were the wise men warned of God not to return to Herod? Choose one:
____ An angel told them
____ They thought it over and reason and good sense told them it would be unwise.
____ They were warned in a dream not to do so.
9. How many dreams did Joseph have in connection with the birth and young childhood of Jesus? _____
10. The Bible says the magi rode on camels. True ( ) or False ( )
11. One of the Gospel records traces Jesus’ ancestry all the way back to Adam. Which one? ___________________
12. Mary took Jesus as a baby to Jerusalem. True ( ) or False ( )
13. When Mary went to visit the home of Zacharias before the birth of Jesus, she…Choose one;
______ kissed her cousin
______ received a message from Zacharias
______ felt “the babe leap in her womb.”
______ saluted Elizabeth
14. And old man and an elderly woman saw Jesus when he was a tiny baby. What were their names? __________________________ and _________________________
15. Where did these elderly saints see Jesus? ___________________________
16. Which one of these aged souls had definitely been married? _________________________
17. The woman was old, but less than ninety years of age. True ( ) or False ( )
18. Jesus had a distant relative who was struck dumb and probably deaf for a period of time. What was the relative’s name? __________________________
19. The wise men arrived at the manger after the shepherds. True ( ) or False ( )
20. When the shepherds came, they found not only Jesus, but Mary and Joseph lying in a stable. True ( ) or False ( ).
Check Standardsacredtext.com later this week for the answers.